Cookies and passive data collection – extended information note on cookies
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files located in your browser on your device (computer, smartphone, tablet). They help browsers work properly and display relevant content. The pages you have visited remember your browsing and preferences.
What are their types?
In general, cookies are used for an optimal set up of the information provided via all websites, links, and other parts of the website. Cookies allow websites to store certain information to enable users to navigate online in a simple and efficient way. These files can also be used for other purposes. Based on this purpose, they are divided into technical, analytical and marketing cookies (e.g. to manage websites, monitor users' movements around the site and collect demographic data about users). The individual types are described in the following sections.
Analytical cookies help us to constantly improve our website by tracking statistics, such as total website traffic, number of clicks on a specific button, etc. The data collected is anonymous and aggregated. These cookies are optional.
These cookies are used to collect user data for marketing purposes. E.g. in order to adapt the offered advertising to the customer's interests, connection to the social network, etc. These cookies are optional.
What cookies do we use?
We only use Technical and Analytical cookies on our website. We do not use Marketing cookies. We also use the following third party cookies:
- Google Analytics – Analytical cookies
- YouTube – Analytical cookies
- "Decline" - You only allow technical cookies
- "Allow minimal" - You only allow technical cookies
- "Allow all" - You allow technical and analytical cookies
- You can block (=disable) the cookies; if you do so, some web pages may not display properly, and some functional parts may not work in the manner to which you are accustomed (e.g. language setup).
- You can manage or delete cookies; in this case, certain parts of the website may not work properly.
Where in your browser you can manage cookies (major browsers only):
- Google Chrome - https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10 and 11 - https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Microsoft Edge - https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4468242/microsoft-edge-browsing-data-and-privacy-microsoft-privacy
- Mozilla Firefox - http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Safari on Mac - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- Safari on iPhone,iPad - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
Chrome - Android phone/tablet
- Select "Settings" from top right menu.
- Select Privacy tab under the Advanced section.
- Select "Clear browsing data".
- Ensure the "Cookies and site data" option is selected.